Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Learning to Walk in Freedom - Youth Alive

Youth Alive - February 8-12, 2013
So I gotta start this blog off by saying that the whole Youth Alive experience was SO stretching for me!! It literally took about two days for me to recover LOL! So, for those who don't know what Youth Alive is, join the club. No, but seriously, I don't know all the nitty gritty details of WHAT Youth Alive is, but I have experienced first hand what it does.
Lives were changed for God's glory. It was grounded on the Word of God. It had a great structure yet the Holy Spirit wasn't hindered from moving powerfully. Overall, it was an amazing experience!! Stretching yet SO amazing.

Jesse and I were asked to do workshops for the youth that weekend. We decided to do separate ones. I did one for the girls and Jesse did one for the guys. In my workshop I shared my testimony, talked about obstacles in life that hinder us from walking in freedom (fear, impurity, bitterness, etc.), and encouraged them all to start walking in the freedom that God has given them. It was powerful! So many  lives were changed for God's glory, so many girls let go of hinderances, and so many girls chose that weekend to step into the freedom God has for them!

Jesse's workshop was amazing as well! He also shared his testimony and talked about stepping out of immaturity and stepping into spiritual maturity. God SHOWED up in His workshops! The guys were being filled with the Holy Spirit, prophetic words were given, lives were CHANGED! Even at the end of the weekend one of the guys (who was filled with the Holy Spirit and set free from many addictions in Jesse's workshop) testified infront of all the youth about what God had done and then started encouraging them all to walk in their freedom as well! It was so powerful and amazing to see how God had transformed his life in just a matter of a couple days!

God is just so good and it was such a privilege to be there and get to witness His work in their lives!!! God is just doing such amazing things!

The part for me that was stretching was the fact that we were asked to do this like a couple days before we needed to be there! I tend to get flustered when asked to do such important things so last minute! God is just showing me that relying on the Holy Spirit in a last minute thing is far more effective than preparing something so far in advance in my own strength. Both preparation and relying on the Holy Spirit are essential, but I tend to try to do things in my own strength and God has really been teaching me total reliance on Him!

I like to keep my blogs short so Im done for today BUT I have some pretty awesome news that I cant wait to share with everyone soon! Thank you all so much for your prayers!


"Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge HIM and He WILL make straight your path!" Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment